How SSO Works with SAML Authentication
With SAML authentication enabled, Kintone uses SP-initiated SSO. The following bindings are used for the SAML request and SAML response:
- SAML request: HTTP Redirect Binding
- SAML response: HTTP POST Binding
The following illustrates steps for Kintone to authenticate a user:
- The user accesses Kintone.
- Kintone generates an SAML request.
- The user receives the SAML request from the SP.
- The IdP authenticates the user.
- The IdP generates an SAML response.
- The user receives the SAML response from the IdP.
- Kintone receives and verifies the SAML response.
- If the SAML response is OK, the user has completed the login to Kintone.