Using Kintone on Mobile Devices
You can access Kintone from mobile devices to perform the same actions as those on PCs, such as viewing notifications and entering information. You can access information on Kintone anytime while you are out of the office.
The two methods that you can use to access Kintone from mobile devices are as follows.
Method 1: Using Mobile Web Browsers
You can use Safari for iOS or Chrome for Android to access Kintone. For both Web browsers, the latest version is supported.
Start your mobile Web browser (Safari for iOS or Chrome for Android) and enter the URL of your Kintone in the address field. Then, you can see the mobile-optimized view of Kintone.
For details on how to configure settings, see the "Using Kintone on Safari for iOS" page and the "Using Kintone on Chrome for Android" page.
Using Kintone on Safari for iOS or Chrome for Android is better in that links on Kintone can be opened into another tab.
Some organizations require users to configure some settings in advance for security. If entering the URL on Safari for iOS or Chrome for Android results in an error, it means that your organization requires some environmental configuration such as installing a client certificate.
For details on how to configure your environment, see the "Accessing Services from Public and Home Networks" page.
Method 2: Using the Mobile App
You can use the mobile app to access Kintone.
To download the mobile app, go to App Store or Google Play and search for "kintone", or click the banner below. Available iOS and Android OS are described in System Information.
Install the mobile app and set your subdomain, login name, and other details to use the app. For details on how to install the app, see the "Using the Mobile App for iOS" page or the "Using the Mobile App for Android" page.
If you use the mobile app, you can receive push notifications. This helps you timely notice messages from team members or notifications from workflows.
Restrictions in the Mobile View
On mobile devices, Kintone can work either in the desktop view or mobile view. The mobile view has the following restrictions, which do not apply to the desktop view:
- You cannot edit the Announcement area of the portal.
- The portal does not display the Notifications and Assigned to Me areas.
- App views added by using Attach App are displayed without the Edit and Delete icons. That is, you cannot edit or delete records on such views.
- You cannot create an app or work with the App Settings page.
- The filter conditions for records cannot be specified.
- Records cannot be restored to the previous version from the history.
- The sum conditions for records cannot be specified.
- Tables, pivot tables, and periodic tables are not supported.
- Clicking any element of a graph does not direct you to the "Record List" screen in which filtered records are listed.
- The summarized result cannot be exported to a CSV file.
- Embedded tags in summarized results cannot be obtained.
- You cannot edit Rich Text fields.
You are only allowed to add plain text (which is not decorative) to Rich Text fields.
- App description is not displayed.
- Spaces or threads cannot be created.
- You cannot join or leave a space.
- You cannot edit the Announcement area or thread bodies.
- You cannot follow or unfollow threads.
- Spaces or threads cannot be deleted.
- You cannot work with the management screen.
People and Messages
- You cannot enter text in Rich Text fields.
For other restrictions, access the Cybozu product site for restrictions on Safari for iOS and Android (Japanese only).
You can switch to the desktop view on mobile devices. For details on how to switch the view, see the"Using the Desktop View on Mobile Devices" page.