Is It Possible to Open a Linked Page in a New Tab or a New Window?
When you click a link to move to another page, the linked page is opened in a new tab or in the same tab.
Example 1: Clicking an URL that is displayed in a Text field or a Link field
Page is opened in a new tab.
Example 2: Clicking an app that is attached to a space or a thread body text using "Attach App"
Page is opened in the same tab.
Example 3: Clicking an URL that is displayed in a space body or a "rich text" field
Depending on the setting that was made at the time of editing the link, the page can be opened in a new tab or in the same tab.
Specifying the Way to Open a Tab in the "Edit Link" Screen
When editing a link in the following fields, you can specify the way to open the linked page.
- "Label" field
- "Rich text" field
- App Description
- Space body, Space thread, etc.
In order to open the linked page in a new tab, select "Open the link in a new tab" in the "Edit Link" screen, and then save the setting.
"Open the link in a new tab" might already be selected by default.
How to Handle When You Cannot Specify the Way to Open a Tab
If you want to open a linked page in a new tab or in the same tab, but cannot specify the way to open the page, try the following.
If You Want to Open the Page in a New Tab
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click the link.
- Use the wheel button of your mouse to click the link.
- Right-click the link, and then click "Open link in new tab".
If You Want to Open the Page in a New Window
- Hold down the Shift key and click the link.
- Right-click the link, and then click "Open link in new window".
When a Page Opens in a New Window Even If You Have Specified to Open It in a New Tab
Your Web browser might have been set as follows.
Steps differ depending on the Web browser version.
Internet Explorer 11
- Open Internet Options.
- Select General > Tabs, and click Tabs.
- Change the settings as follows, and click OK.
When a pop-up is encountered: Always open pop-ups in a new window
Open links from other programs in: A new window
- Open Options from the menu.
- Select General > Tab Groups, and deselect "Open links in tabs instead of new windows".
- Open Preferences from the menu.
- Click "Open pages in tabs instead of windows", and select "Never".