You can place a Time field and use that field to enter a time (hour-minute).
You can also use a Date and Time field to enter a time. You can enter both a date and a time in the Date and Time field.
You can place a Time field in a timesheet app to manage working hours.
You can use this field not only for entering check-in and check-out times but also for entering time length such as break time length.
You can calculate working hours by combining a Time field and a Calculated field.
In this example, a formula of "Start - Finish - Break" is specified in the "Hours" calculated field to calculate working hours.
The time display format can be either a 12-hour clock or a 24-hour clock display, which can be configured in the Personal Settings.
Refer to Switching Between 12-Hour/24-Hour Clock Display.
You can either select the time from a drop-down list (only in every 30 minutes), or enter any time using the keyboard.
Setting Options for Time Fields
- Field Name
- Specifies the header for the entry item.
- Hide field name
- Hides the field names on the screens to add, edit, enter details of, and print records.
- Required field
- Sets a field where a value is required to be entered.
- Default Value
- Set a value that will appear in the entry field by default. If you want to display the time when the record was created as the default, select "Default to the record creation time". Clearing the check box will enable you to set a desired time as the default. If you want to leave the default value empty, deselect the check box, and leave the field blank without specifying the time.
- Field Code
- The text string to specify this field (in a formula or an API).