You can place a Time field and use that field to enter a time (hour-minute).
You can also use a Date and time field to enter a time. You can enter both a date and a time in the Date and time field.
You can place a Time field in a timesheet app to manage working hours.
You can use this field not only for entering Start and Finish times but also for entering time length such as Break time length.
You can calculate working hours by combining a Time field and a Calculated field.
In this example, a formula of "Finish-Start-Break" is specified in the "Working Hours" calculated field to calculate working hours.
The time display format can be either a 12-hour clock or a 24-hour clock display, which can be configured in the Personal Settings.
Refer to the "I would like to switch the time format between 12 hour format and 24 hour format" page.
You can either select the time from a drop-down list (only in every 30 minutes), or enter any time using the keyboard.
Setting Options for the "Time" Field
- Field Name
- Specify the label for the field.
- Hide field name
- Hide the field name on the screens to add, edit, enter details of, and print a record.
- Required field
- Mandate users to enter a value in the field.
- Default Value
- Set a value that will appear in the entry field by default. If you want to display the time when the record was created as the default, select "Default to the record creation time". Clearing the check box will enable you to set a desired time as the default. If you want to leave the default value empty, deselect the check box, and leave the field blank without specifying the time.
- Field Code
- A string used for specifying this field in a formula or an API.