Date and time
You can place a Date and time field and use that field to enter a date (year-month-day) and a time (hour-minute).
The Date and time field is suitable for maintaining both date and time values in apps such as inquiry management apps.
Click the date field to display a calendar. You can change the month or the year by using a drop-down list.
If you click the field to enter a time, a drop-down list appears displaying time options in increments of 30 minutes.
You can enter any date value or time value using a keyboard.
The time display format can be either a 12-hour clock or a 24-hour clock display, which can be configured in the Personal Settings.
Refer to the "I would like to switch the time format between 12 hour format and 24 hour format" page.
Setting Options for the "Date and Time" Field
- Specify the label for the field.
- Hide field name
- Select this option to hide the field name on the "Add Record," "Edit Record," and "Record Details" screens and the screen to print a record.
- Required field
- Select this option to require entry of data into the field.
- Prohibit duplicate values
- Select this option to prevent users from entering the same date and time for multiple records in the app.
- Default Value
- Set the default value for the field. Select "Default to the record creation date and time" if you want to display the date and time when the record was created as the default value. Deselecting the check box will enable you to set a desired date and time as the default value. If you want to leave the default value empty, deselect the check box, and leave the field blank without specifying the date and time.
- Field Code
- A string used for specifying this field in formulas or APIs.