Date and Time
You can place a Date and time field and use that field to enter a date (year-month-day) and a time (hour-minute).
The Date and time field is suitable for maintaining both date and time values in apps such as inquiry management apps.
Click the date field to display a calendar. You can change the month or the year by using a drop-down list.
If you click the field to enter a time, a drop-down list appears displaying time options in increments of 30 minutes.
You can enter any date value or time value using a keyboard.
The time display format can be either a 12-hour clock or a 24-hour clock display, which can be configured in the Personal Settings.
Refer to Switching Between 12-Hour/24-Hour Clock Display.
Setting Options for Date and Time Fields
- Field Name
- Specifies the header for the entry item.
- Hide field name
- Hides the field names on the screens to add, edit, enter details of, and print records.
- Required field
- Sets a field where a value is required to be entered.
- Prohibit duplicate values
- Prevents users from entering the same date and time for multiple records in the app.
- Default Value
- Set a value that will appear in the entry field by default. Select "Default to the record creation date and time" if you want to display the date and time when the record was created as the default value. Clearing the check box will enable you to set a desired date/time as the default. If you want to leave the default value empty, deselect the check box, and leave the field blank without specifying the date and time.
- Field Code
- The text string to specify this field (in a formula or an API).