This article is for those who started the free trial on or after September 8, 2019. For details on the start date, see How to Check the Trial Start Date.
Two-factor authentication is an added layer of security for your Kintone account. This makes it more difficult for someone else to log in to your account.
How Two-Factor Authentication works
- You'll need a verification code from your mobile device to log in to Kintone.
- You'll enter your password and the verification code each time you login.
When you use REST APIs, users who enabled two-factor authentication cannot use password authentication. Choose another authentication method, such as API tokens, session authentication or OAuth authentication. As an alternative, you need another user who doesn't use two-factor authentication.
Configuring Two-Factor Authentication
- Click the arrow to the right of your name in the upper right hand corner and select Account Settings. This will open your personal Account Settings page.
- Navigate to the Login Name & Password tab.
- In the Two-Factor Authentication section, click Enable. This will open a Configure Two-Factor Authentication window.
- Download and install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device from either Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Scan the QR code with the Google Authenticator app you installed.
- Enter the six-digit verification code generated by the app and click Enable.
I lost my mobile device
If you cannot get a verification code for reasons such as losing your device, ask your administrator to disable your two-factor authentication setting. Administrators can disable two-factor authentication from the Edit User page.
I got a new mobile device
- Get a verification code with your old mobile device, and log in.
- Disable two-factor authentication and then enable it in the Login Name & Password tab under the Account Settings page.
- When the Configure Two-Factor Authentication window opens, follow procedures 4, 5, and 6 with your new device in Configuring Two-Factor Authentication above.