The Kintone Mobile UI is scheduled to update May 2019. Kintone users will have access to a preview version starting Sunday, March 10, 2019. To try the in-development mobile UI, check Enable new mobile UI (preview version) in Feature Activation under Kintone Administration. Please note, only Kintone system administrators can enable the new mobile UI.
- iOS/Android apps are not available for preview. Use a web browser on your mobile devices to try the in-development mobile UI.
- Screens and features introduced here are currently under development. The preview version will be updated at any time, and screens and features may be changed in the official release.
When you first access the mobile UI, the portal is displayed similar to the Desktop View. Under the announcement area, the list of apps are displayed.
If you tap the menu at the upper left side of the screen, the navigation menu will open. You can easily access the following items from the navigation menu.
- People (about yourself)
- Assigned to Me
- Search Kintone
- People (other users)
In the list of apps, you can tap the pin icon to add/remove apps to/from your favorites. In any screen, you can tap the menu to open the navigation menu.
Assigned to Me
By using tabs, you can quickly switch record displays, such as details and comments. This new UI allows you to easily confirm record details and contact submitters before you select the necessary action.
If you tap the button to proceed, a confirmation screen will be displayed. You can confirm the flow after taking the action.
Like the Desktop View, you can search all of Kintone. Search results include full-text search results as well as apps and spaces.
At the time of this March release, only some of the menus will have been renewed. We plan to enable displaying records in the table format like in the Desktop View at the time of the official release. Below is the screen currently under development.
The action menu for the app is displayed by tapping the app name. From the action menu, you can move to the top page of the app ("Show the record list"), or you can add/remove the app to/from your favorites.
From the menu at the bottom left side of the screen, you can add, duplicate, and delete the record.
In the official release, we plan to provide the same operability of spaces as in the Desktop View.
- Access Kintone from a desktop computer.
- Click the gear wheel at the upper right of the screen and select Kintone Administration.
- Click Feature Activation.
- Check Enable new mobile UI (preview version) under Feature in Development.
If you enable this setting, the preview version will be applied to mobile screens for all users.
Changing Desktop View to Mobile-Optimized View
To try new mobile UI, use a web browser on your mobile device. Follow the steps below to change Desktop view to Mobile-optimized view.
- Access Kintone from web browsers on your mobile devices.
- Click the settings menu at the upper right and tap Mobile-optimized view.
- This menu is not displayed if Mobile-optimized view is already enabled.
- If Allow users to switch between mobile-optimized view and desktop view under Default View for Mobile Browsers is not checked in Kintone Administration, Mobile-optimized view menu will not display. For more details, see Default View for Mobile Browsers.
New mobile UI is displayed.
To return to desktop view, open the settings menu and tap Desktop View.