An Audit Log file, which uses CSV file with UTF-8 character encoding, may appear jumbled after being downloaded. The steps outlined in this article will prevent the file from being jumbled when opening in Excel. This example uses Excel 2016.
- Download a file which contains Audit Logs less than 6 weeks old.
- Select CSV (UTF-8) file format and download a file which contains audit logs 6 weeks and older. For details on how to set file formats, see Configuring Audit Log Settings.
How to Open Audit Logs via Excel:
- From your computer, open a new Excel Workbook.
- From the Data tab, click From Text/CSV in the Get & Transform Data section.
- Select the downloaded Audit Log file.
- Click Import.
- On Text Import Wizard, select:
- 65001 : Unicode (UTF-8) for File Origin
- Comma for Delimiters.
- Click Load.