- Features Available While Using A Mobile Browser
- Restrictions on the Mobile View
- Setting up the Kintone Mobile App
- Turning Smartphone notifications On/Off
- I Lost My Smartphone! Now What?
You can use Kintone on smartphones by using a browser or using the Kintone Mobile app.
When using Kintone on a web browser from your smartphone you can choose to view the webpage in either Desktop mode or Mobile mode.
- Kintone Administrators can disable desktop mode.
- Guest users cannot use the Kintone Mobile app, they can only use a web browser to access Kintone from their phone.
Features Available While Using a Mobile Browser
While viewing Kintone from a mobile web browser, features vary depending on whether you use desktop view or mobile view.
In the desktop view, you can operate kintone in the same way as you would on a PC.
However, some operations may not work properly for the:
- App settings page
- Space settings screen
- System Administration page
In the mobile view, you can use the following features:
- Check notifications
- View record lists
- View graphs
- Create, view, edit, delete, and search records
- Post, view, and delete comments
- Change status of records for apps when the Process Management feature is enabled
- Check change history of records
- Add or remove apps to/from favorites
- Spaces and People
- Both operate similarly as when accessed from a PC. For restrictions, refer to the next section.
Restrictions on the Mobile View
In the mobile view, there are the following restrictions on available features:
- You cannot search Kintone in its entirety.
- Limitations on displaying record lists:
- The filter conditions for records cannot be specified.
- In the view, only the title of each record is displayed. See Setting Title Fields.
- "Custom view" cannot be used.
- Restrictions on changes to record history:
- Records cannot be restored to the previous version.
- Restrictions on the graph display:
- The sum conditions for records cannot be specified.
- Tables, pivot tables, and periodic tables are not supported.
- Clicking any element of a graph does not direct you to the "Record List" screen in which filtered records are listed.
- The summarized result cannot be exported to a CSV file.
- Embedded tags in summarized results cannot be obtained.
- Limitations on filling forms:
- Only plain text (not decorative) can be entered into the "Rich text" field.
- The app description is not displayed.
Spaces & People
- In the comment entry field and in the body text entry field for spaces and threads, only the following operations are available:
- Entering plain text (those that are not decorative)
- Specifying recipients
- Attaching files
- There may be cases where some space settings do not perform properly.
Setting Up the Kintone Mobile App
This procedure is required only when you install Kintone Mobile for the first time.
- Download Kintone Mobile on your device:
- Go to App Store or Google Play
- Search for Kintone, and install it.
- Tap the icon for Kintone Mobile that you downloaded on your device.
- Enter a Kintone subdomain that you want to access, and then tap Next.
The subdomain is represented by the part of the access URL that is in italics below.
- Enter your Kintone login name and password and then tap Login.
- If you are promoted to allow the app to send notifications, allow or disallow as needed.
Should I Use Either Client Certificate Authentication or Basic Authentication?
If you started the free trial on or after September 8, 2019, "Client Certification Authentication" and "Basic Authentication" is not available.
Depending on the settings configured by your System Administrator for your Kintone subdomain, you may be required to use either Client Certificate Authentication or Basic Authentication. Please check with your System Administrator about Kintone Mobile.
When you are required to use Client Certificate Authentication or Basic Authentication for using kintone Mobile, first check the following table before setting up kintone Mobile.
|Kintone Mobile Authentication Method||Checklist|
|Client Certificate Authentication||
Turning Smartphone Notifications On/Off
With Kintone Mobile, you can receive "To Me" notifications on your smartphone. By default, this feature is enabled.
On an iPhone or iPad
Open the Settings app from your IOS device.
Configure your desired Kintone notifications.
On Android Smartphones
To receive notifications on Android smartphones, you must configure the settings in two places.
- Kintone Mobile
Open Kintone Mobile and tap , located on the upper right side of the screen.
In the Notifications field, configure your desired Kintone notifications.
- Smartphone Notification Settings
Open the Settings app on your Android device.
Open General Settings and tap Apps.
- Select Kintone from the app list.
Tap the Show notifications checkbox to set whether to display notifications.
I Lost My Smartphone! Now What?
If you've lost your smartphone, what you should do varies depending on whether or not you are using Client Certificate Authentication.
Please note, if notifications were configured for the Kintone Mobile App, notifications will still be received on the lost smartphone even if the following actions are taken.
When using Client Certificate Authentication
When a user loses a device with a client certificate installed, a Kintone Administrator needs to disable the client certificate that was issued to the user, and then re-issue a certificate. Upon disabling the client certificate, the user will be logged out from the app.
For details on issuing client certificates, see Using Client Certificate Authentication. Please note, once disabled, the client certificate cannot be re-enabled.
If you started the free trial on or after September 8, 2019, Client Certification Authentication is not available.
When not using Client Certificate Authentication
If Client Certificate Authentication is not being used, change your password immediately. When a password is changed, the mobile app will logout.