History is displayed by selecting the tab in the Comments section to the right of your record form. The changes that were made to the record are displayed for each version.
- Show Update Details will highlight the fields changed in the record.
- Restore Previous Version allows you to restore the record data to the previous version.
- In the following cases, the version numbers (shown to the left of the users display name) for change history may not be in sequence, resulting in missing numbers in between:
- A record was saved without any changes during editing.
- A field for which you have no permission was changed.
Disabling the History Log Feature
When the history log feature is enabled, the disk capacity may be strained depending on the frequency of record update. If necessary, you can disable the history log feature.
When the history log feature is disabled, the history changes of records for the app are deleted. Please note:
- We recommend disabling this feature when you periodically update records with APIs. When the feature is enabled, the disk usage may suddenly increase.
How to Disable the History Log Feature:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the App Settings tab.
- Under Advanced Settings, select Miscellaneous Settings.
- Uncheck the box Track change history of records.
- Save and Update App.