Process Management allows you and your team to push records through workflows in applications. For more information on configuring, see Configuring Process Management.To use process management in an app:
- Open an app that has Process Management configured.
- Click the Show icon to open a record.
- The Status indicator at the top left appears in each record that meets the branch criteria.
- You can click Status History to see the Status History of the record, which initially is None.
- If you are an Administrator, you’ll see the Change Assignee button, which lets you use the User Selector to assign this record to a different user. Non-administrators do not see this button.
- The Action button appears on the top left of the record. The name of this button will reflect the settings that the app builder has configured for the process.
- Click the Action button.
- In the drop-down, the Next Status section shows the status that will be set if you click Confirm.
- The Select Assignee section shows the user(s), group(s), or department(s) who can be assigned to work on this record, based on the settings configured.
- After selecting the assignee(s), click Confirm.
- The top of the record now shows who it is assigned to, and what the new status is. Click Status History, which now shows who changed the status and when.
- The user(s) who have been assigned will receive a notification stating that they have been assigned a task.
- Assignees can also see all the records they are assigned in the Assigned to Me section of the home page.
- Clicking on the app icon in the Assigned to Me section opens the Assigned to Me view of an app, with all records requiring the user's attention.
- The assigned user(s) then take the next action, and the process continues.
Configuring Process Management