- Creating a New Thread
- Deleting a Thread
- Following a Thread
- Unfollowing a Thread
- Adding a Comment to a Thread
- Using the Comment Editing Tools
- Replying to a Comment in a Thread
- Attaching App Data to a Thread Description
Threads are discussion forums about different topics for team members to collaborate on. Threads are located in Spaces.
In a Space, click on a thread to display it. The discussion fills the center of the space. When the list of threads is on the left, the current thread is shown in inverted colors. The thread pane on the right shows the apps and members in the thread. To stop following a discussion, click the Unfollow.
Creating a New Thread
- Open a Space.
- In the Threads section on the right, click the .
- On the New Thread page, enter a thread Title.
- Type your message and add content in the Body Text area. Use the editing tools described below in Using the Comment Editing Tools.
- To add an app, click Attach App and select from the list of apps in the portal to attach an app to your post. You can select the app view or graph to display in the thread.
- If you select an app, the app name appears in a placeholder in the body text, with the name of the selected view, and options to edit or remove the app.
- If you select a graph, the graph name appears in the placeholder, with the graph name and options to select the size, edit or remove the graph.
- Click Save to create the thread.
- The new thread displays in the Space you've created it. It shows the Title, any Body Text, the user who last updated it, and the last updated date & time.
- To Edit the thread title and/or body, click the icon, make your changes and click Save.
If the Threads section is not present in a Space.
- Open the Space.
- Click located around the top right corner.
- Click on Space Settings.
- Check the "Enable multiple threads. Note: This setting cannot be reverted." checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Open the Space once again.
- Threads now should show up on the right side of the Space.
Deleting a Thread
- Open the Thread you wish to delete.
- Click and choose "Delete This Thread".
- A thread can only be deleted by the user who created the thread or by the administrator of the space to which the thread belongs.
- Threads automatically created upon space creation cannot be deleted.
Following a Thread
Notifications can be received for threads that you follow.
- Open a Thread you would like to follow.
- Click Follow, located on the right side of the screen.
Unfollowing a Thread
- Open the Thread you'd like to unfollow.
- Click Unfollow, located on the right side of the screen.
Adding a Comment to a Thread
- Open a Thread.
- Click on the Write your comment… box to display the editing tools.
- Add your comment and click Post, or click Cancel to cancel.
- To Delete the comment, hover over the comment until you see . Click it to remove your comment. You can only delete the comments you created.
- When you Post a Comment, all of the users following the Thread will receive a Notification.
- @mentions will send a Notification to the mentioned User if they are part of the Space.
- In private spaces, only Users that are part of that space will get Notifications.
- To call attention to a specific person, group, or department, click Mention and start typing the name of the user, group, or department. The mentioned user, group, or department will receive a notification.
- Use the formatting tools to format the text. Hover the mouse over the tool to see the tool tip explaining the function of each formatting tool.
- Click to attach a file to your post. Browse to the file and select it. Document files appear as placeholders with a document graphic and the filename. Graphic files appear in the body with options to select the size or delete it.
- To add an emoji or graphic, click and select from the lists of graphics.
- Click a picture to view it, and click to close the view.
- Click a document to download it.
Replying to a Comment in a Thread
- Click to show you liked the posting.
- Click to reply to it.
- Click to @mention the commenter and @mention who have been mentioned in the comment in your reply.
- Hover over the time stamp to display more functions.
- Click to display the URL to the comment, which you can copy and use. To view the whole permalink, copy it to a text file.
- Click to view any Actions associated with this thread, edit actions, and create new actions. For more information on Actions in threads, see Creating an Action in a Thread.
Attaching App Data to a Thread Description
- Open the Thread you would like to attach app data to.
- Click to edit the Description Body.
- Click Attach app.
- Select the app which contains the data you'd like to display.
- To attach a record list, select the View drop-down and choose your desired option.
- To attach a graph, select the Graph dropdown and choose your desired option.
- Click OK and Save.
- Calendar views cannot be attached to Threads. If selected it will be displayed as a list view.
- Views with a "Custom view" specified for "Data format of records" cannot be attached.