This article details the different steps required to create an app from scratch.
When creating an app from scratch, you can use Kintone's drag and drop feature to place your custom fields on a form and configure the items depending on your specific app requirements.
Creating the App from Scratch
- On the portal Home, in the Apps section, click the plus icon(+).
- Click .
- Type a Name for the app, the default is "New App."
- Next, you will need to create the form for your app.
Creating the App Form
The form provides the basic structure of a Kintone app. A form is made up of elements such as text fields, number fields, and drop-downs, that users, imports, or integrations fill with data on the frontend. Here you will configure the elements that will make up your form.
- Navigate to the Form tab on in your app settings.
- Select a field type from the left, and drag it to the form on the right.
- Hover over a field and click the gear wheel to enter the Field Settings.
- Change the field's Name and configure any desired settings.
- Note the Field Code to use in calculations.
- Drag additional fields to the form.
- Once finished, click .
Creating a View
Views are saved filters, and sorts of the data in your app. See Creating Views for more.
- Next, navigate to the Views tab.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add a view.
- Name the view.
- Drag fields from the left into where they will display on the right.
- Define any Filters or Sorts you wish to add.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the right-most tab, App Settings. On this page, you can configure additional settings for the app.
- Under General Settings, change the appearance of the app and setup Process Management.
- Create Notifications to alert users.
- Under Customization and Integrations, further customize your app with plug-ins, our API, or webhooks.
- Define which actions users have permission to do under Permissions.
- Define some miscellaneous settings under Advanced Settings.
- Lastly, use the Management section for previewing or deleting the app.
- When you have the desired settings configured, click .