You can create apps from scratch to totally customize them to your needs. This article details the different steps required to create an app from scratch.
Creating the app:
- On the portal Home, in the Apps section, click the plus icon(+).
- Click .
- Type a Name for the app, the default is "New App."
- Next, you will need to create the form for your app.
Creating the app Form:
The form provides the basic structure of a kintone app. A form is made up of elements such as text fields, number fields, and drop-downs, that users, imports, or integrations fill with data on the frontend. Here you will configure the elements that will make up your form.
- Navigate to the Form tab on in your app settings.
- Select a field type from the left, and drag it to the form on the right.
- Click the gear wheel and select Settings.
- Change the field's Name and configure any desired settings.
- Note the Field Code to use in calculations.
- Drag additional fields to the form.
- Once finished, click .
Creating a View:
Views are saved filters, and sorts of the data in your app. See Creating Views for more.
- Next, navigate to the Views tab.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add a view.
- Name the view.
- Drag fields from the left into where they will display on the right.
- Define any Filters or Sorts you wish to add.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the right-most tab, App Settings. On this page, you can configure additional settings for the app.
- Under General Settings, change the appearance of the app and setup Process Management.
- Create Notifications to alert users.
- Under Customization and Integrations, further customize your app with plug-ins, our API, or webhooks.
- Define which actions users have permission to do under Permissions.
- Define some miscellaneous settings under Advanced Settings.
- Lastly, use the Management section for previewing or deleting the app.
- When you have the desired settings configured, click .