Users receive notifications when they are mentioned by other users, assigned a record, or based on other event and time-based triggers. These notifications appear on the notification page in the portal and in the mobile app. By enabling e-mail notifications, users can also receive notifications via e-mail.
To enable the e-mail notifications, the following settings must be configured:
- System mail account
- E-mail addresses for all users who receive notifications
- Settings in kintone Administration to enable e-mail notifications
- Notification settings in each app.
Settings in Users & System Administration:
To configure the system mail account and an e-mail address for each user who receives notifications:
- From the Gear wheel select Users & System Administration.
- Under System Administration, select System Mail Account.
- Select either to use the Built-in mail account or an External mail account for the e-mail notifications. To use the mail server installed in kintone for free, select Built-in. See Configuring a System Mail Account for more details.
- Under User Administration, select Departments & Users.
- Click the Edit icon to the left of a user's Display Name.
- Enter the user's e-mail address in the E-mail Address field. For details on how to edit user details, see the following topic: Adding and Editing Users.
- Alternatively, users can set their own e-mail addresses by editing their Account Settings.
Settings in kintone Administration:
To enable e-mail notifications:
- From the Gear wheel select kintone Administration.
- Under Other, click Feature Activation.
- Select the Activate E-mail notifications check box.
- Select an e-mail format.
- HTML e-mail: send formatted e-mail notifications. Formatted e-mail contains formatting features such as bold text and graphics.
- Plain text e-mail: send unformatted plain text e-mail notifications. Plain text contains no special formatting and cannot contain graphics.
- Set the default settings for users who have not yet modified their personal settings and for new users added hereafter.
- Never send notifications: users will receive no e-mail notifications.
- Send only notifications where I am mentioned: users will receive e-mail notifications for all notifications that are sent to them. This includes @mentions, app notifications, and system notifications.
- Send me all notifications: users will receive e-mail notifications for all their notifications.
- Users can change their notification preferences from the default settings in the Personal Settings. See Editing Personal Settings.
- Click Save.
Settings in the App:
In the app where you wish to send e-mail notifications, configure the notification settings. See Configuring App Notifications for details.