- To enable the email notifications, the following settings must be configured
- Settings in Users & System Administration
- Settings in Kintone Administration
- Settings in the App
- Related Topics
Users receive notifications when they are mentioned by other users, assigned a record, or based on other event and time-based triggers. These notifications appear on the notification page in the portal and in the mobile app. By enabling email notifications, users can also receive notifications via email.
To enable the email notifications, the following settings must be configured
- System mail account
- Email addresses for all users who receive notifications
- Settings in Kintone Administration to enable email notifications
- Notification settings in each app.
Settings in Users & System Administration
To configure the system mail account and an email address for each user who receives notifications:
- From the Gear wheel select Users & System Administration.
- Under System Administration, select System Mail Account.
- Select either to use the Built-in mail account or an External mail account for the email notifications. To use the mail server installed in Kintone for free, select Built-in. See Configuring a System Mail Account for more details.
- Under User Administration, select Departments & Users.
- Click the Edit icon to the left of a user's Display Name.
- Enter the user's email address in the Email Address field. For details on how to edit user details, see the following topic: Adding and Editing Users.
- Alternatively, users can set their own email addresses by editing their Account Settings.
Settings in Kintone Administration
To enable email notifications:
- From the Gear wheel select Kintone Administration.
- Under Other, click Feature Activation.
- Select the Activate Email notifications check box.
- Select an email format.
- HTML email: send formatted email notifications. Formatted email contains formatting features such as bold text and graphics.
- Plain text email: send unformatted plain text email notifications. Plain text contains no special formatting and cannot contain graphics.
- Set the default settings for users who have not yet modified their personal settings and for new users added hereafter.
- Never send notifications: users will receive no email notifications.
- Send only notifications where I am mentioned: users will receive email notifications for all notifications that are sent to them. This includes @mentions, app notifications, and system notifications.
- Send me all notifications: users will receive email notifications for all their notifications.
- Users can change their notification preferences from the default settings in the Personal Settings. See Editing Personal Settings.
- Click Save.
Settings in the App