You can import data from an Excel or CSV spreadsheet into an existing app.
To import records to an app:
- Prepare the Excel or CSV File for import. See Supported Formats for Importing.
- Within an app, click the Ellipses icon on the right.
- Select Import from File.
- Click Browse to select your file.
- Select if your First row is header or First row is data.
- When you select an option the Preview section displays a sample of the first five rows of data so you can check the result.
- If the imported data is garbled, change the character encoding.
- If the imported columns are misaligned, change the delimiter.
- Under Column in File, select the column from the imported file that matches the fields in the app. For each field on the left, use the drop-down to select a column, or select None to not import data into that field.
- To update existing records in the app with the imported data, select Key to Bulk Update on the right of the desired field to use as the key identifier. To use a field other than Record number as the key field, the field in the app settings must be set to "Prohibit duplicate values."
- When the key field is the Record number:
- When the record number in the imported file matches the value in the Record number field in the app, the record is updated.
- When the record number field in the imported file is empty, the record is added to the app as a new record.
- When a record number exists in the imported file, and it does not match any record number in the app, an error occurs.
- If the values in the key field match, the record is updated.
- If the values in the key field do not match, the record is added as a new record.
- If you select None and you also select a key field, existing values are not overwritten when a record is updated.