Use API Tokens to grant access to specific apps through the Kintone REST API. The REST API provides functions to retrieve record information; add, update and delete records; and upload and download files.
Specifying an API token for the "X-Cybozu-API-Token" header of a request authenticates the request and executes the API.
Example of a request that uses an API token
|GET /k/v1/record.json?app=7&id=100 HTTP/1.1
X-Cybozu-API-Token: (API token)
For more information, see Kintone REST API on the Kintone Developer Network.
- Make sure to keep the generated API tokens confidential from third parties.
- Up to 20 tokens can be generated per app.
- In requests that use API tokens, actions that use the information of other apps cannot be performed, such as updating the lookup field.
Generating an API Token
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the App Settings tab.
- Under Customization and Integration, select API Token.
- Click the Generate button. The token ID is generated and displayed.
- Select desired Permissions settings.*
- To delete a token, click the Trash icon.
- Click Save.
- Click Update App. You can now use this token ID for your integration.
*Please note, permissions for API tokens take priority over the following app settings:
- permissions for app
- permissions for records
- permissions for fields