You can set permissions for Records in an app to control who can view, edit, and delete records.
To set record permissions:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Under Permissions, select Records.
- Click Add.
- Under Target Records in Priority Order use the drop-down to set a filter of which records you are targeting. When you select a field name the Record Selector expands so you can set conditions for the field.
- To add another condition click the Add icon.
- To delete a condition click .
- Select either All conditions are met, or Any conditions are met.
- To clear all entries click Clear All.
- To delete the whole permissions block, click the at the far right.
- On the right, either enter a User, Group, or Department, or select a User Field from the app in the drop-down list to grant permissions.
- When assigning permissions to a department, the Permissions inheritance check box displays. Select this check box to apply the same permissions to members of child departments.
- When multiple rows exist, the priority goes from top to bottom.
- To add multiple permission rules, click Add again.
- Click Save.
- Click Update App.