Use the Graphs tab on the Settings page to design graphs to visually represent and summarize data. Graphs you create are added to the list of graphs that users can view in the app. Graphs are live and update as the data changes. Records with empty fields are excluded from graphs.
To Create a Graph:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the Graphs tab.
- Click the Plus icon.
- In the Name field enter a name for your graph.
- Select a Chart Type. Some types have additional options, such as "Clustered" or "Stacked".
- In the Group by field, in the Level 1 drop-down list, select a field by which to group records.
- To select a second level to Group by, click the Add icon.
- To delete an entry click the Delete icon.
- To clear all entries for this item, click Clear All.
- In the Function field, you can select a function that performs a calculation, including Sum, Average, Maximum, and Minimum. When you select certain functions a second list shows fields to which you can apply that function. Only Number fields can be used for the Sum and Average functions.
- In the Filter field, you can select a field or fields to filter the graph by, to define which records are included. When you select a filter, appropriate options display where you can set conditions for the filter. When a field satisfies the conditions, the record is included in the graph or chart.
- In the Sort by field, you can leave the default Total, or sort on one of the levels in the Group by field, and select whether to display the data in ascending or descending order.
- Click Save.
- On the Settings page click Update App.
- In the app, click the Graph list to view the newly created graph from the list.
Generating Periodic Reports
Periodic Reports are generated automatically based on the frequency defined by a user. These graphs are saved to the list of graphs within an app, and the 30 most recent graphs are saved. When the 31st graph is generated, the oldest graph is deleted. You cannot change the graph settings after you activate a periodic report.
To Generate a Periodic Report:
- At the bottom of the edit Graph page in the Settings, select the check-box next to Generate reports periodically.
- In the Period, select the desired frequency of the Graphs to be created.Depending on the period you select, options display where you can pick appropriate dates and times for the report. When you select the periodic options, the date and time of the next occurrence of the report displays.
- Click Save to save the periodic report.
- Click Update App.
To Reorder the displayed list of Graphs:
Click and hold the Drag & Drop icon and drag it to the desired position.
- Click Update App.