- Creating a Graph
- Duplicating a Graph
- Generating Periodic Reports
- Reordering the Displayed List of Graphs
Use the Graphs tab on the Settings page to design graphs to visually represent and summarize data. Graphs you create are added to the list of graphs that users can view in the app. Graphs are live and update as the data changes. Records with empty fields are excluded from graphs.
Once you create a graph, you can access it by selecting the graph name in the drop down list on the top of the app.
Creating a Graph
This section explains how to create graphs in the app settings. You can create up to 1,000 graphs.
In activated apps, you can create graphs easily from the app top page. Click to access the Create Graph page. Recommended graphs are generated and displayed based on the data in the app. See Creating Graphs within an App for more details on recommended graphs.
To Create a graph:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the Graphs tab.
- Click the Plus icon.
- In the Name field enter a name for your graph.
- Select a Chart Type.
- Some types have additional options, such as "Clustered" or "Stacked".
- In the Group by field, in the Level 1 drop-down list, select a field by which to group records. Use this when you want to categorize and summarize records. By using the date or time field, you can summarize records by month, by the day, and so on.
- To select a second level to Group by, click the Add icon.
- To delete an entry click the Delete icon.
- To clear all entries for this item, click Clear All.
- If an item selected by Group by has no value, the record the item belongs to will not be included in summary.
- When cross-tabulating data (Pivot Table), fields selected in Group by have the following limitations:
- Level 1: The number of groups generated by categorizing field values must be no more than 50.
- Level 2: The number of groups generated by categorizing filed values must be no more than 1,000.
- To summarize data beyond the above limitations, export the summarized results to an Excel file. When exporting the summarized results to a file, limitations are as follows:
- Level 1: The number of groups generated by classification of field values are no more than 100.
- Level 2: The number of groups generated by classification of field values are no more than 10,000.
- In the Function field, you can select a function that performs a calculation, including Sum, Average, Maximum, and Minimum.
- When you select certain functions a second list shows fields to which you can apply that function. Only Number fields can be used for the Sum and Average functions. If you want to find a record with the latest or the oldest value in the date and time field, select Maximum or Minimum respectively.
- In the Filter field, you can select a field or fields to filter the graph by, to define which records are included.
- When you select a filter, appropriate options display where you can set conditions for the filter. When a field satisfies the conditions, the record is included in the graph or chart.
- When filtering records using a field inside a table, in any of the rows on the table, the record whose field value matching the filter condition will be included in summarizing.
- In the field that contains the list of users, if the condition "Priority Department" is specified for filtering, the values (records) that are included in summarizing are those of users whose departments and affiliated departments are set as "Priority Department" for those to perform summary. In the same way, if this operation is performed for the field that contains the list of departments, the values (records) that are included in summarizing are those that belong to departments and affiliated departments that are set as "Priority Department" for those to perform summary.
- In the Sort by field, you can leave the default Total, or sort on one of the levels in the Group by field, and select whether to display the data in ascending or descending order.
- When you select the Pivot Table for the Chart Type, the result can be sorted by only one of Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3. The result cannot be sorted by Total.
- To enable Periodic Report, select the Generate reports periodically check box. For more information, please see the section below on Generating Periodic Reports.
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to the Settings page and click Update App.
- In the app, click the Graph list to view the newly created graph from the list.
Duplicating a Graph
You can create a new graph by duplicating an existing graph.
- Open the graph you would like to duplicate.
- Click and edit the graph options if needed.
- Once complete, click and name the duplicated graph.
- If you do not have the administrative permission for the app, will not be displayed.
What Is a Periodic Report?
Periodic Reports are generated automatically based on the app data at that time in the frequency defined by a user. These graphs are saved to the list of graphs within an app, and the 30 most recent graphs are saved and can be accessed anytime. When the 31st graph is generated, the oldest graph is deleted. You cannot change the graph settings after you activate a periodic report. When you select Pivot Table for Chart Type, you cannot create the Periodic Report. The period in Periodic Report is set using Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+0).
- If you delete the original graph, you will be no longer able to view the past Periodic Reports.
- When the Periodic Report is generated, the notification will be sent to the user who set up the Periodic Report. If the Periodic Report is not generated successfully, the notification will be sent to all users with the administrative permission for the app.
Periods Periodic Reports can be generated:
- Every hour
- Every day
- Every week
- Every month
Generating Periodic Reports
- At the bottom of the edit Graph page in the Settings, select the check-box next to Generate reports periodically.
- In the Period, select the desired frequency of the Graphs to be created.Depending on the period you select, options display where you can pick appropriate dates and times for the report. When you select the periodic options, the date and time of the next occurrence of the report displays.
- Click Save to save the periodic report.
- Click Update App.
Reordering the Displayed List of Graphs
Click and hold the Drag & Drop icon and drag it to the desired position.
- Click Update App.
Creating Graphs within an App