When you enable the category feature, it adds a new field to your app form called Categories. This field resembles a Multi-choice field and allows you to categorize your records.
When viewing a list of records, the category list is also displayed as a hierarchical tree on the left side of the screen. When you click a specific category, a list of records in that category is displayed. When you click a parent category, all the records that are organized into the child categories are displayed together.
- Categories can be configured with up to five levels of hierarchy.
- When importing categories with duplicate names, the data may be imported incorrectly. Avoid duplicating Category names.
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right and select the App Settings tab.
- Under Advanced Settings, select Categories.
- Select the Use Categories check box to enable this feature.
- Under Category Tree, enter a name for the first category.
- Click the Add icon to add another category
- Click the Sub icon to add a sub-category to the category.
- Click an Add icon next to a sub-category to add a second sub-category..
- Drag the Arrow icon up or down to change the order of the list.
- Click the Delete icon to delete the current entry.
- When finished adding categories, click Save.
- Click Update App.