Use the Audit Log Settings page to set the retention period of audit logs, to specify e-mail addresses that receive audit log notifications, and to specify the format of the exported logs.
To configure Audit Log Settings:
- From the Gear wheel select Users & System Administration.
- Under System Administration, Audit Logs, select Settings.
- For the Log Levels of Notice and Information, you can select Send E-mail and enter e-mail addresses if users wish to receive notifications when these log types occur.
- Enter one or more e-mail addresses and press Enter after each address.
- Select the Send Test E-mail check box to send a test e-mail to the addresses in the list.
- Leave the default None to not notify users of these log types.
- Select a Retention Period from the drop-down. The default is 3 years. The period can be set to anywhere between 6 weeks and 10 years.
- Select an Export Format. The default is Excel (XLSX).
- Click .