This section explains how to enable 2-step verification authentication to enhance authentication for guests.
2-step verification authentication is an authentication method that requires users to enter not only their email address and password but also a unique verification code for every login. A verification code is valid only for one-time use and cannot be used for subsequent logins. This prevents unauthorized logins, even when a password is leaked to others. Guests receive their verification code at the email address specified for their login.
Authentication Setting and Login Requirements
|Authentication Setting||Login requirements|
|2-step verification is disabled||Enter email address and password|
|2-step verification is enabled||Enter email address, password, and verification code that is sent to the email address|
- The password policy that is configured in System Administration is applied to guests’ passwords.
- For details on how to configure the password policy, see the following page: Login & Password Security Settings
- From the Gear wheel select Kintone Administration.
- Under Guests, click Guest Authentication.
- Check or uncheck the box for 2-step verification.
- Click Save.