The Administrator account is a default account created upon starting a new domain. This account serves the purpose of getting back into an account where the only administrator has forgotten their password and is generally not used as a user account.
The Administrator account has the following characteristics:
- It cannot be deleted.
- It cannot be removed from the Administrators group.
- It is not counted in your amount of licenses.
- It can be in an Active or Inactive status, like all other user accounts.
- It is not meant to be used as a standard user
- If activated, a password will need to be created in order to login to the domain.