The Administrator account has the following characteristics:
- It cannot be deleted.
- It cannot be removed from the Administrators group.
- It is not counted in your amount of licenses.
- It can be in an Active or Inactive status, like all other user accounts.
- It is not meant to be used as a standard user
- If activated, a password will need to be created in order to login to the domain.
If you forget your password and you are a Kintone administrator, you can reset your password via the email link, or another administrator of the platform can reset it.
See Changing a User's Password.
If you are the only administrator for your domain and you are not able to reset the password via email, you will need to create a Temporary Administrator account using Kintone Store to log back into your domain.
Resetting the Administrator Password:
- Visit the Kintone store.
- Either Login (skip to step 8), or if you have forgotten the Store password, click Forgot your e-mail address or password?
On the next page, enter your email address. Make sure it's the one you use with Kintone!
Click Reset Password. If you forgot your email address contact us.
Check your email inbox for a new message from Kintone.
In the password reset email, click the URL to reset your password. On the webpage that this links to, enter your new password, confirm it, and then click Save.
Login to Store account.
Navigate to the Domains tab and then click Administrator.
Enter a password, confirm it, and click Add. You have now created a Temporary Administrator account to access your domain. An email with a temporary login name will be sent to your registered email address.
Now, visit your Kintone domain (i.e. https://mycompany.kintone.com).
Login with the Login name provided in the email, and the password you set in step 9.
Navigate to the Departments & Users page by clicking the gear wheel , select Users & System Administration, and click Departments & Users under User Administration.
You can now change your password to your admin account, see Change Password in
How to add or edit users.