You can set permissions for each field in an app to control who can view or edit the data.
To set permissions for fields:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Under Permissions, select Fields.
- Click Add.
- Select a Target Field from the drop-down list.
- Either enter a User, Group, or Department, or select a User Field from the app in the drop-down list to grant permissions.
- Select or clear the View and Edit check boxes to grant and revoke permission.
- Add as many users, groups, departments and user fields as desired.
- When assigning permissions to a department, the Permissions inheritance check box displays. Select this check box to apply the same permissions to members of child departments.
- When multiple rows exist, the priority goes from top to bottom.
- To delete an entry, click in the row.
- To add permissions on another field, click Add again.
- To delete the permissions for a , click at the far right.
- If you want to set multiple rules, click Add and repeat steps 2 to 4.
- Click Save.
- Click Update App.