You can configure Lookup Fields to map fields from one application to another. Lookup fields are a one time pull of data from a datasource app, into fields in another "destination" app. See also Configuring a Related Records Field.
Please note: if data in a record in the datasource app is updated, the record in the destination app will not automatically update. You must navigate back to the destination app, edit the record, click Lookup again, and click Save.
To configure a Lookup field:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Click the Form tab.
- Drag and drop the field to the form.
- Hover over the Lookup field and click Settings.
Set the following options:
- Name- Enter desired Field Name.
- Data Source App- Select the app you wish to pull data from.
- Key Field- Select a field in the data source app that will be the key identifier in the two app's relationship.
- Under Field Mappings- From the first drop-down, select the field in the current app that you wish to map a field from the data source app to. From the second drop-down, select the field from the data source app to display in the current app's field. These fields must be the same field type. You will be pulling data from the source app into already created fields in your app, if you haven't created these fields yet, do so now.
- Fields Shown in Lookup Picker- Using the drop-down, select one or more () fields to display when selecting which record to pull information from.
- Filter- Set optional filters to view only the data that meets the filter conditions in the Lookup Picker.
- Sort by- Set a optional sorts to override the default sort of descending by Record Number.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Form.
- Click Update App.