Use the Form settings page to design an input form for each record in your app. You can create a new form from scratch or edit an existing form. Users will see this form when they create or edit a record.
- Each app has one form.
- Only app administrators can edit the form.
- Up to 500 fields can be placed on a form.
Creating/Editing a Form
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the Form tab.
- Drag field types from the left onto the blank area on the right. See Field Type Descriptions for more information on each field type.
- Place fields in desired space on the form.
- For each field, hover over it, click the Optionsicon, and select Settings to configure the field settings.
- Give the field a Name, or use the default name, and/or choose to hide the field name.
- You can select whether to make this a required field.
- You can choose a default value to display on the form.
- Change the field code if desired.
- When you have filled in all the required field settings, click Save.
Select Fields in Line with your Purpose
|Purpose||Field to be Used|
|Displaying Unique Numbers||Record number|
|Displaying descriptions or warnings when data is being entered on the form||Label|
|Adding a blank space to the form||Blank Space|
|Adding an option item to the form where only one option can be selected||
|Adding an option item to the form where multiple options can be selected.||
|Enable data to be retrieved from other apps||Lookup|
|Display a list of records on the form||Related Records|
|Group fields together||Field group|