- To View a Space
- Creating a Space
- Adding/Deleting Members
- Joining/Leaving a Space
- Configuring Space Settings & Managing Members
- Actions Available to Users in Space
- What is an In-Space App?
- Related Apps and Spaces
- Deleting a Space
To View a Space
- From the portal home page, navigate to the Spaces section on the right.
- Click a Space in the list to open it.
- You will see the Announcement board, Threads, Apps, Members, and Related apps & spaces for this space.
- In the Kintone portal, under the Spaces Section click and then click New Space.
- Click Create Space from Scratch or select a Space Template if available.
- Under the Appearance tab:
- Type in the name of the Space.
- If you would like the Space to be private, then click the "Private (visible only to members)" checkbox.
- If you would like your space to have the ability to host Multiple Threads, check the "Enable multiple threads. Note: This setting cannot be reverted" checkbox. This can not be disabled once it is set. See Using Threads for more details.
- If you would like to block users from joining or leaving the Space, then check the "Block users from joining or leaving the space and following or unfollowing the threads." checkbox.
- Select a cover photo to be displayed next to the Space Name on Portal Home.
- Under the Members tab:
- Add a member by using the search bar or by clicking and selecting members.
- After adding a member, check the box Administrator next to their name to assign them as a Space Administrator.
Only Space Administrators can add or delete users, departments, groups.
How to Add Members to a Space:
- In the Space you would like to add members, click located on the top right.
- Click Manage Members.
- From the Members tab, select the user, department, or group and click Save.
- Users, departments, or groups can be selected by search or from .
- A user can be made an administrator by checking the Administrator checkbox next to the user's name.
- Selecting the Include Affiliated Departments checkbox allows members in affiliated departments to be added to the Space.
When a department or group is added as the member, a user who belongs to the department or group cannot leave on an individual basis. To allow an individual user to leave the space, select and add the user instead of the department or group to which the user belongs.
- Newly added members will automatically follow threads that are within the space. If a previous member is re-added to the Space again, they will not automatically follow any threads that were previously unfollowed.
How to Delete Space Members:
- In the Space you would like to delete members, click located on the top right.
- Click Manage Members.
- From the Members tab, click next to the user you would like to remove and click Save.
- Members who are deleted from a space are automatically set to unfollow any threads that were in the space.
- Any user who belongs to a department or group that is still participating in a Space will not be automatically unfollowed from any of the threads within the space.
- Members of a public Space that are removed will not automatically unfollow threads within that Space.
- Open the Space you would like to join.
- Click on the , and then click "Join Space"
- You will automatically be following any Threads within the Space.
- If you were previously part of the Space and rejoined, then Threads you unfollowed before will need to be manually followed.
How to Leave a Space:
- Open the Space you would like to leave.
- Click on the , and then click "Leave Space"
- If you were added to the Space as part of a department or a group, you will not be able to leave a Space on an individual basis.
- If the Space you are leaving is public, then you will need to manually unfollow all the Threads in that Space.
Configuring Space Settings & Managing Members
Use Space Settings to change the settings and appearance of the space and manage the space members.
- When in a Space, click the Options icon in the top right corner.
- Select Space Settings.
- In the Appearance tab, edit the space Name if desired.
- If appropriate, edit the following options for your space:
- Private Space- these spaces are visible only to members. Users who are not members of the space do not see the space on their portal home. In Guest spaces this setting is locked. Guest spaces are private and visible only to space members and invitees.
- Enable multiple threads- if selected, the space can support multiple discussion threads, instead of the default single discussion. In a multiple-threaded space, you can select the New Thread option to start a new thread.
- Block users from joining or leaving the space and following or unfollowing the threads-This setting hides Leave button to members, and they cannot leave the space. It also hides the Join button to members and they cannot join the space. Likewise, users who are following a thread must remain so, and non-followers cannot begin following threads in the space.
- Select a Cover Photo from the default images, or click Browse and navigate to a different image. The cover photo displays at the top of the space.
- On the Members tab, use the user selector to select users, groups and departments to be members of the space.
- If appropriate, select a user to be a Space Administrator. Space administrators can change the space settings.
- If appropriate, check the box to Include Affiliated Departments as members.
- To Delete a user, group or department, click the at the end of the row.
- Click to save your changes.
Actions Available to Users in Space
|Action||Space Administrators||Other Attendees||Guests|
|Edit body||●||Only for threads they created.|
|Delete||●||Only for threads they created.|
|In-Space App||Add||Only for users who have permission to create apps.|
|Change Settings||Only for users who have permission to create apps.|
|Delete||Only for users who have administrative permission for the app.|
|Use||Actions allowed depends on the App Permission Setting.|
|Related Apps & Spaces||Add||●||●|
What is an In-Space App?
An "In-Space App" is an App belonging to a specific Space. Apps created within the Space belong to that Space.
The following applies to In-Space Apps:
- The app appears in the space portal under Apps.
- The In-Space App belongs to the "Public" App group. Note, this app group cannot be changed.
- Apps belonging to a private space can only be accessed by members of the space.
- In-Space Apps cannot be moved to a different space.
How to Create an In-Space App:
Adding an App from within the space will create a native app in the space. Only apps created from within the space will display under Apps.
- Open a Space in which you would like to add an App.
- In the Apps section, click .
- Add an app as you would if you were adding an app on the portal home.
- For details on creating apps, see below How to Build an App.
- In the Related Apps & Spaces section, click .
- To add an App: select Apps from the drop down list, enter an app name in the search box, then select the app to add it.
- To add a Space: Select Spaces from the drop down list, enter a space name in the search box, then select the space to add it.
- To Delete an app or space, click the at the end of the row.
- Click to save your changes.
Deleting a Space