Use the Login Security page to set login and password options for all users in the portal. To navigate to this page, click the gear wheel , select Users & System Administration, and click Login under Security.
Below are descriptions of the options you can enable, and their implications:
- Autocomplete Login Name- Select Use autocomplete to fill in login name to allow the user's web browser to provide suggestions as the user starts typing a login name. The autocomplete function can leak login information. To prevent this, you must configure IP address restrictions with Basic authentication, or Client Certificate Authentication.
- Save Login Name & Password- Select Allow Web browsers to save login name and password to enable this feature.
- Automatic Login- Select Allow users to skip login step to enable automatic login. In the Remember Me For drop-down, select the period of time for which the system remembers the user’s login information, either 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month.
- Password Policy- Changes to the password expiration and account lockout settings affect all active passwords. Other changes to password policy take effect when users change their password.
- Self-service Change- Select the check box to allow users to change their own password. When the Allow users to change password check box is selected, users can change their password on the Change Password page in their Account Settings. When Allow users to change password is not checked, the Change Password page does not include the ability to change their password, and only an Administrator can do this. This box must be checked in order to enable many of the following options.
- Force Password Change- Select the check box to force users to change their password on first login. If box is left unchecked, the auto-generated or administrator-selected password will remain.
- Self-service Reset- Select the check box to allow users to use to reset their password if they have forgotten it and are unable to login. When the Allow users to reset password check box is checked, users can reset their password using the Forgot your password? link on the Login page. When Allow users to reset password is not checked, the Forgot your password? link does not display on the Login page and an Administrator must provide the password to the user.
- User Password Minimum Length (characters)- Select a number between 3 and 15 to set a minimum length for user passwords.
- Administrator Password Minimum Length (characters)- Select a number between 3 and 15 to set a minimum length for administrator user passwords.
- Password Complexity- Select an item to indicate the degree of complexity for passwords. You can select None, or require passwords to include combinations of letters and numbers, or letters, numbers and symbols.
- Login Name as Password- Select the check box to allow users to use their login name as their password.
- Password Reuse Limit- Specify a minimum number of new passwords users must create before they can reuse a previous password. If you select 15, users must create 15 new passwords before they are allowed to reuse a previous one. If you select 1 (Current password), users cannot use the current password, but can use a previous password.
- Passwords Expire In- Select the length of time until the password expires and the system requires users to create a new password.
- Account Lockout- From the first drop-down, select the number of failed attempts to allow before the account is locked. You can select Never, or anywhere from 3-10 attempts. Set the amount of time locked accounts remain locked.
- Session Settings- Set the session lifetime which determines how long users can stay logged in without any activity without getting logged out.
- Additional Message on Login Failure- Set an optional additional message that will be added to the error message on login failure for each language. First select a language, then enter the additional message.
- SAML Authentication- You can set up SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) authentication. To do this, you need to follow the steps in Setting Up Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML.
- Click Save to save your settings updates.