Use the Import from File page to import user data.You can import users, user available services, departments, membership, job titles, groups (or roles), and user groups or roles membership. You can import data that has been exported from this or another Kintone portal, or data that has been entered into the CSV template file. You can open these CSV template files in Excel, populate them with data, save them as a CSV file, and then import them using this page.
To use the CSV template file, first select the data type from the Contents to Import list. Click , populate the file with the user data, and import it using this same page.
To import user data
- From the Gear wheel select Users & System Administration.
- Under User Administration and Bulk Actions, select Import from File.
- In the Contents to Import drop-down, select the data you wish to export. Choose between Users, User available services, Departments, Membership, Job Titles, Groups (or Roles), and User groups (or roles) membership.
- Under File, click Browse to upload the file.
- Select Skip header row if you do not wish to import the column headers.
- Select the desired Character Encoding.
- Select the desired Delimiter. The default is Comma.
- The Preview section displays the first 5 rows from the file.
- In the Preview section, ensure the data is aligned under the appropriate column. Check this section to ensure the data and columns are correct for the file you will be importing.
- You can show and hide the column headings by selecting and clearing the Skip header row check box.
- Click .
- Under Import Results, check the Status column for the status of the import.
- If the import is successful, the Status column displays Complete.
- If the Status column displays Error, the Cause column shows the reason.