A Related Records field automatically pulls in records from another application to the single record of another, based on a matching key field. This is how you can related your database apps together. See also Configuring a Lookup Field.
Requirements for a related record table:
- 2 kintone applications- one data source app and one app to display the data.
- Each application must either have a Text (single-line), Number, or Look-up field to serve as a unique identifier.
To configure a Related Records Field:
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Click the Form tab.
- Drag and drop the field to the form.
- Hover over the Related Records field and click Settings.
Set the following options:
- Name- Enter desired Table Name, or select Hide Field Name.
- Data Source App- Select the app you wish to pull data from.
- Fetch Criteria- Set the criteria to pull records in. From the first drop-down, select the field in the current app, and from the second drop-down, select the field from the data source app. When these fields are equal, the associated records will display in the current app.
- Filter- Set optional filters to view only the data that meets the filter conditions in the Lookup Picker.
- Datasource App Fields to Display- Using the drop-down, select one or more () fields to display in the current app.
- Display Order- Set a optional sorts to override the default record sorting of descending by Record Number.
- Max Records to Display at a Time- From the drop-down choose the desired amount of records to display, either 5, 10, 20, or 30.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Form.
- Click Update App.