Create a Table in an app form to add rows of fields in a record.
Creating a Table
- Within an app, click the Gear wheel on the right.
- Navigate to the Form tab.
- Drag the desired fields for the table from the left to the form.
- Drag the fields into a single, horizontal row.
- Highlight the row by hovering over it and click on the Gridicon on the right.
- Click Settings.
- Click Set as Table.
- Labels, Related Records, Blank Spaces, Borders, Groups, Record Numbers, Created By, Updated By, Created Datetime, Updated Datetime, and activated fields can NOT be part of tables.
- Click Save.
- While still in the Form Editor, fields can be added, deleted, and edited in the Table.
- Click Save Form and Update App.
- Once you set a field in a table, you cannot undo it, and the field cannot be moved.
- Tables cannot be set for the fields to which apps for the operating environment are applied.
- The following fields cannot be included in tables:
- Related Record
- Blank space
- Record number
- Created by
- Updated by
- Created datetime
- Updated datetime
- Once the table is configured, a field can be added or deleted.
- You can use the automatic calculation feature to total the numeric values of an item in the table. See Automatic Calculation
- When a CSV/Excel file is used to update the existing records, values in fields that are set in a table cannot be updated.
Notes on When Setting Conditions Based on Values in a Table
When you set conditions based on values in a table, please note the following:
- When setting the conditions for filtering and sorting records to be displayed in the record list, if there is a value that matches the set condition in a field in any of the rows in a table, the record to which that value belongs will be filtered and displayed.
- When setting the conditions for sending notifications from the app
- Per Record Notifications: A notification is sent if there is a value that matches the set condition in a field in any of the rows in the table. However, a notification is not sent if the set condition was met by a value in a field in another row.
- Reminder: A reminder is sent out every time there is a value that matches the set condition in a field in any of the rows in the table.
- When setting the conditions of Setting Record Permissions, if there is a value that matches the set condition in any of the rows in the table, an access privilege setting is applied to the corresponding record.