Changing Names of Users
This page describes the procedure to change the registered name in Kintone.
About the Fields to Register Names
In Kintone, the following two fields are available for registering user names.
- Surname, Given Name
- Register user's name.
- Display Name
- Register the name the user wants to show. User's name can be registered as is.
Notations other than user's name can also be registered following the requests as shown below.
- To show both user's name and phonetic name
- Surname, Given Name: 菅野 丈二
- Display Name: 菅野 (Sugano)
- To show abbreviation instead of long name
- Surname, Given Name: William Jones
- Display Name: Will.J
- To show both user's name and nickname
- Surname, Given Name: Yamada Kentaro
- Display Name: Yamada Kentaro (Ken)
Usage Example of Display Names
Possible usage examples are shown below.
Example 1: To display the nickname and the year hired in Kintone
Register "Andrew Brown" for "Surname" and "Given Name", and "Andy Brown (Year hired 2021)" for "Display Name".
Example 2: To display names in local language in Kintone
Register the names in alphabet for "Surname" and "Given Name", and register notations in a local language for "Display Name".
Example of Thai
Register "Somying" in "Given Name", and "สมหญิง" for "Display Name".
If you also enable "Localized Name", it is displayed as "ソミー" for Japanese display language.
Displaying Localized User Names in Display Language
Example 3: To distinguish users with the same name
Register "Surname" and "Given Name", and for "Display Name", register notations as below to distinguish them.
- John Smith (Domestic Sales Department)
- John Smith (HR Department)
Click in the header.
Click Users & System Administration.
Accessing Kintone Users & System Administration
Click Departments & Users.
Enter a display name or a login name of the user in the search box to search the target user.
You can also expand the department tree and select the target user.
Click for the user.
Update "Surname", "Given Name", or "Display Name".